About A.G.E.S. Learning Solutions
A.G.E.S. Learning Solutions, Inc. is a private behavioral services company serving clients in Silicon Valley and neighboring areas. Our mission is to provide individuals with behavioral needs the opportunity to learn the skills they need to lead healthy and productive lives. We do this by ensuring that our approach to services is Analytical, Goal-Based, Empowering, and Supportive.
Our Shared Vision
ANALYTICAL: We believe in evidence-based practices founded on the science of human behavior, and its power to change people’s lives.
GOAL-BASED: We believe in goal-based treatment and training.
EMPOWERING: We believe in empowering our clients with the skills they need to make significant changes in their lives. We believe in empowering our team members with the skills they need to make significant behavioral changes in our clients’ lives.
SUPPORTIVE: We believe in providing our clients with a supportive team and environment to encourage them to make meaningful changes in their lives. We believe in supporting our team members in all areas of their work – to encourage and stand by them during times of success and difficulty.
Position Title: Behavior Analyst
Department: Behavioral Services
FLSA Status: Exempt or Non-Exempt
Standard Hours: 25 – 40 hours per week
Position Summary Information
The Behavior Analyst contributes to the development and implementation of the company’s Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment and consultation programs. Through these programs, the Behavior Analyst strives to lead and facilitate the delivery of analytical, goal-based, empowering, and supportive ABA services in our in-home, school-based, and residential care home programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct skills assessments to determine the need for ABA services.
- Conduct functional behavior assessments to determine the need for positive behavior intervention plans.
- Treatment Planning
- Develop teaching programs based on skills assessments conducted.
- Develop positive behavior intervention plans based on functional behavior assessments to address challenging behaviors, which may include dangerous and assaultive behaviors (i.e., aggression, self-injury, property destruction, and elopement).
- Make recommendations regarding the duration and ongoing need for ABA services.
- Conduct bi-weekly team meetings.
- Provide direction and guidance to the treatment team regarding implementation of teaching programs.
- Provide direction and guidance to the treatment team regarding implementation of positive behavior intervention plans.
- Case Management
- Communicate with insurance companies regarding precertification of services, treatment plan reviews, certification of services, and concurrent review of services.
- Coordinate client and behavior technician schedules as needed.
- Communicate with parents/caregivers as needed.
- Develop instructional materials as needed.
- Staff Training & Coaching
- With the assistance of the Behavioral Staff Trainer, conduct initial training of new hires on the principles of behavior analysis, implementing positive behavior interventions, running sessions, communicating with team members and parents, etc.
- Overlap with behavior technicians during sessions and provide needed feedback regarding technicians’ performance as outlined in the behavior technician task checklist.
- Conduct ongoing staff training as needed.
- Conduct staff in-service training sessions regarding collaborative consultation, data collection, and intervention strategies as appropriate and necessary.
- Develop training materials and curriculum as needed.
- Keep records concerning team meetings, overlaps with behavior technicians, the progress or effectiveness of teaching programs and behavioral interventions, and the performance of Behavior Technicians using the Behavior Technician Task Checklist.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis through research, study, and/or attendance at professional conferences.
- Perform such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities as the Company may assign.
- Abide by the policies outlined in A.G.E.S. Learning Solutions, Inc’s Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Considerable time will be spent driving to assigned clients
- Time will be spent at a desk using a desktop computer or laptop
- Due to the independent nature of the position, it is essential that Behavior Analysts model the ethical delivery of Applied Behavior Analysis interventions and demonstrate commitment to the mission & vision of A.G.E.S. Learning Solutions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to the science of human behavior and the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Knowledge of evidence-based treatment for individual with special needs.
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem resolution experience.
- Manage multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Operate in a highly confidential manner and with minimal supervision and direction.
Education and/or Experience
- BCBA certification required.
- Master’s degree in a field related to Applied Behavior Analysis.
- 1-2 years experience in behavior consultation and/or supervision of ABA programs.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Opportunity for performance pay
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Medical insurance coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Group disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Instructions to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website at http://ageslearningsolutions.com/contact/join-our-team-2/.