Department: Administrative Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Standard Hours: 40 hours per week
The Administrative Services Coordinator contributes to the delivery of the company’s Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment and consultation programs by supporting the Executive Team and the Behavioral Services Department. Through coordination of employee and client services, the Administrative Services Coordinator strives to lead and support the delivery of analytical, goal-based, empowering, and supportive ABA services in our in-home, school-based, and residential care home programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and screen appointments, visitors, e-mail, and calls for administrators and all AGES team members as necessary;
- Assist the CEO and COO with preparation of presentations, and/or corporate documents/reports;
- Create billing and budgeting reports for CEO and COO;
- Preliminary point-of-contact for insurance companies and responsible for managing waiting list, and coordinating behavior assessments and treatment sessions for clients;
- Maintain knowledge of insurance laws and regulations impacting persons with disabilities/autism;
- Maintain outstanding interpersonal skills while serving as the agency’s office administrator;
- Coordinate with the Materials Coordinator regarding the maintenance of agency ABA materials and office supplies;
- Coordinate with the Materials Coordinator regarding the organization and the retention of client records and documents;
- Serve as a sub behavior technician as needs arise;
- Plan and implement all company appreciation events throughout the year
- Responsible for coordinating insurance, private pay, care home, and school district billing for all services rendered by the company through the use of the available practice management software;
- Follow-up with insurance companies, private pay clients, care homes, and school districts regarding any outstanding invoices;
- Initiate and follow-up with any appeals for payment of behavioral services rendered by the agency
- Conduct initial orientation for all new hires.
- Maintain all employee files and personal contact information;
- Approve all employee time sheets entered on HR for Health;
- Interface with HR for Health regarding maintenance and revision of our company HR site and company Handbook;
- Create payroll report every two weeks for timely disbursal of payment for all employees and contractors;
- Maintain knowledge of HR regulations for behavioral agencies in California
- Abide by the policies outlined in A.G.E.S. Learning Solutions, Inc’s Employee Handbook
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities, required. This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Considerable time will be spent at a desk using a desktop computer or laptop
- Some time will be spent driving to clients when subbing
- Due to the highly involved nature of the position, it is essential for the Administrative Services Coordinator to provide effective support and demonstrate commitment to the mission & vision of A.G.E.S. Learning Solutions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to the science of human behavior and the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Knowledge of evidence-based treatment for individual with special needs.
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem resolution experience.
- Manage multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Operate in a highly confidential manner and with minimal supervision and direction.